What are Course Reserves?
Course Reserves include both print and electronic books that are required readings in Fletcher courses. Check out print Reserve books at the library circulation desk, and access ebooks through the library catalog, JumboSearch.
How long can I borrow print Course Reserves?
- Borrow Reserve books for 2 hours. These books have a short loan period so all students in a course have a chance to use them.
- If you need a Reserve book for longer, bring it back to the Circulation Desk and ask for a renewal. You cannot renew Reserve books online.
- When Reserve books are in high demand, we generally do not renew them.
- Need a Reserve book overnight? Check it out within 2 hours of the Library's closing time. It's due when the Library opens the next day.
- If you don't return Reserve books on time, you'll be charged a late return fine. Late return fines are $1 per hour. After 3 days, if the book has not been returned, a bill will be sent to the Bursar for overdue fines and the cost of replacing the book.
Can I schedule the use of Course Reserve books in advance?
No. Course Reserves are available on a first come, first served basis and cannot be requested for specific time periods.
Where do I return Course Reserves?
- Return Reserve books to the Ginn Library Circulation Desk during the hours we're open.
- There is a book drop located outside the building for book returns when the Library is closed.
- Please do not return Ginn Course Reserves to Tisch Library.
How can I borrow a Course Reserve book for a longer time?
- Another Tufts library may have the book in their stacks—if so, you’ll see it in JumboSearch. Fletcher students can borrow stacks books for 3 months at a time. Request the book in JumboSearch to pick it up at any Tufts library.
- If no other Tufts libraries have the book, place an interlibrary loan request for it—we will try to get another library’s copy for you to borrow.