To reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus, it is recommended that we reduce population density by limiting occupancy in Ginn Library. The Ginn Library space will be open only to Fletcher community members who have stated that they wish to be part of the Tufts testing program to gain access to the Fletcher complex. However, we ask that whenever possible, you access library services remotely by using our electronic resources and consulting library staff online. Please note that all librarian research help will be online and via Zoom consultations.
If you must use the physical library, please note that Ginn Library will be open starting on Tuesday, September 8. The library's opening hours will be posted to our website. To help foster a safe and healthy environment for our students, faculty and staff, and to maintain social distancing guidelines, we will use a reservation system to ensure we do not exceed maximum capacity for occupancy. Start at the main Seat & Space Bookings page, or see Spaces to Reserve below for quick links to reserve seats in specific areas of the library.
No reservation is needed for:
- Contactless pickup of requested books
- Consulting the Tech Help desk
- Using a printer
- Asking questions at the Circulation Desk
- Browsing the stacks
- Using the self-checkout machine
Reservations are required for:
While You're Here
- The Ginn Library is a Fletcher-only space for the Fall 2020 semester. Tap your ID card at the library entrance to gain access. If your ID card is not working to open the door, please call Tufts Public Safety at 617-627-3030. Library staff cannot open the door for you.
- When entering the library, hold up your phone showing the results of your daily COVID-19 screening to the staff at the circulation desk.
- Masks are required...at all times.
- No eating or drinking.
- Keep 6 feet apart…at all times and everywhere.
- Do not rearrange chairs or other furniture.
- Please wipe down all surfaces before and after use.
- Respect maximum occupancy where posted.
- Reserve space up to 2 weeks in advance.
- Maximum 12 hours per week of reservation time per person.
- Check in
- When you arrive at your reserved space, check in by entering the 3-digit code from your reservation confirmation email on the reservation system check in page.
- Check in up to 10 minutes before your reservation start time.
- If you don’t check in by 20 minutes after its start time, your reservation will be cancelled.
- Check out
- When you leave your reserved space, check out by entering the same 3-digit code on the reservation system check out page.
Study seats are numbered by room. Click the seat map to view a larger image of the library's floor plan.
Seat Locations by Room
Upper Reference: 101-122
Lower Stacks: 123-132
Reading Room: 133-149
Periodicals Room: 150-166
Lower Reference: 167-180
Third Floor, Tennis Courts Side: 301-311
Third Floor, Hall of Flags Side: 312-332