Chicago Manual of Style Online
Fletcher does not have a specific citation format for course work, Capstones, or dissertations, but the Chicago Style is used almost exclusively. Use the Chicago Manual of Style Online for the most up to date citation rules. For Chicago guidelines on typical formats see: Notes & Bibliography Sample Citations and Author-Date Sample Citations.
Ginn Style Guide
Ginn librarians have put together an easy reference document with examples of frequently used citations using the Chicago Style. The Ginn Style Guide is not as up to date as the Chicago Manual of Style but can be used as a starting point. For Chicago guidelines on typical formats see: Notes & Bibliography Sample Citations and Author-Date Sample Citations.
The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation is the style manual commonly used for citing legal documents within the United States. While copies of the Bluebook are held in Ginn Library, there are also a number of web-based guides to citing content using the system.
- Bluebook Guide at Georgetown Law Library
- Introduction to Basic Legal Citation from the Legal Information Institute at Cornell University Law School
- Blue Book Citation Machine
- Legal Citation Guide from University of Texas Law School
- Legal Citation Guide from Suffolk University Law School
- Bluebook Citation 101 from University of Cincinnati
There are many tools available to help create and store citations, organize research, generate bibliographies and footnotes, organize PDFs, and much more.
- Citation software
- Free to Tufts community
- View EndNote guide
- A web-based reference/citation and bibliography manager. Please note that no new RefWorks accounts can be made, as Tufts will no longer be subscribing to RefWorks. Access to existing RefWorks accounts will cease in December 2019. This link contains information to regarding citation management options as well as migrating their RefWorks references to other tools.
- View the RefWorks Guide or here for additional information on the transition and alternatives