How to Borrow
You need a current Tufts ID to borrow library materials.
Use the library catalog to search for books.
There are 2 ways for Fletcher students to borrow stacks books.
- Contactless pickup: you request books online; we package them for you to pick up in the library lobby.
- Self-checkout: you come to the library and check books out to yourself.
Loan periods for stacks books at Tufts libraries:
- Faculty and staff: 6 months
- Graduate students: 90 days
- Undergraduates: 28 days
- Alumni: 28 days
- Retired faculty and staff: 28 days
Need a book but can't come to the library? Ask a Librarian and we'll work with you to get you the material you need.
How to Recall
How to Return
Please return all books in the metal book return bin outside Ginn Library. Library staff will empty the bin and quarantine the books for a few days as a safety precaution. As a result, you may need to wait a few days after returning books before you see them removed from your account.
These items cannot be checked out and must be used in the library:
- Fletcher Dissertations
- U.N. and League of Nations Documents
- Reference Materials