We have been getting an increase in requests to eat in Ginn Library. This leads us to believe that the needs of our community have evolved and perhaps so should our policies about allowing food in Ginn.
After consulting with Fletcher’s Student Council, we decided to pilot eating in Ginn for the month of October (exact dates October 3 - November 1). We will send a brief survey to the Fletcher community on November 1 to get your feedback about the Food Zone Pilot; your feedback will help us determine whether or not we change our policy and allow food.
A few things to note about the Food Zone Pilot and how you can help:
- Not everyone wants to study in a place where people are eating. Chewing certain foods can be loud and smelly, and so we created Food Zones and No Food Zones.
- Food Zones (look for green signs) are located in Lower and Upper Reference, Group Study Rooms (on 1st floor), Group Study Area and at the tables in Lower Stacks.
- No Food Zones (look for red signs) are located in the Reading Room, Core and Periodical Room and the 3rd Floor (including the 3rd floor Study Room).
- Please do not have food delivered to Ginn (no Door Dash, Uber Eats, etc.).
- Dispose of your trash and use the wipes provided to clean the area for the next person to sit at that spot.
- Be mindful of what you’re eating. Cover your beverages to prevent spilling. And consider eating food that isn’t very messy or greasy.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and for helping us assess the Fletcher community's desire to allow eating in Ginn.