On January 12, 2022, JumboSearch will be upgraded to a new version. While this version may look similar to the old, Tufts Libraries Staff have thoroughly reviewed the new interface and have updated it to provide an even better user experience than before.
There should be no interruptions to JumboSearch access during the upgrade on Jan. 12th.
How will JumboSearch be different after the upgrade?
JumboSearch will mostly look and act the same but there are some changes. Here are the highlights:
- Easier to read interface, including clearer language to help you see and access our print and e-holdings
- Audio and video resource types will be separated, allowing more precise searching and filtering
- You'll be able to search within a journal directly from a journal result
- Updates to materials within JumboSearch will be faster than before - this will be especially helpful at the start of the semester when items are placed on course reserve
What will happen to My Account?
- All of your checked out items will be moved over.
- Your saved records will be copied over - you don't have to do anything.
- Your saved searches and search history will not be copied over. We recommend you copy your saved searches and history if you wish to save these items. We may be able to retrieve saved searches on your behalf after the upgrade but there are no guarantees.
Save your saved searches and search history
To do this, log into My Account.
Click on the pin icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
On the next page you will see three headings: Saved Records, Saved Searches and Search History.
Click on the Saved Searches heading. Highlight all of your saved searches and copy them. Paste them into a document on your computer. Don’t forget to save it.
Do this again for your search history if you wish to keep it.
If you need help finding saved searches or history in your account, please contact a librarian.
What about my links and bookmarks to JumboSearch?
Your links and bookmarks will automatically redirect to the right place after the upgrade. However, please check and update your links and bookmarks when you can.